Americans are urged to consider signing a petition to ask President Obama to light the White House blue for one evening during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month September 2011.
Many national prostate cancer organizations, including the National Alliance of Prostate Cancer Coalitions, are endorsing the petition and urging their members to sign. The list of supporting organizations is listed below.
This visible show of support for prostate cancer awareness by the White House will be a major tribute to the 2.5 million men, and their family members, who are battling prostate cancer as survivors today. It will increase the level of consciousness and knowledge, which is so greatly needed to help save lives, among the tens of millions of other men at high risk for the disease.
Prostate cancer organizations endorsing the petition are:
- Ed Randall’s Bat for the Cure – www.batforthecure.org
- Malecare Prostate Cancer Support – www.malecare.com
- Men’s Health Network – www.menshealthnetwork.org
- National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions – www.naspcc.org
- Prostate Cancer Foundation – www.prostatecancerfoundation.org
- Prostate Cancer International – www.pcainternational.org
- Prostate Conditions Education Council – www.prostateconditions.org
- Prostate Health Education Network – www.prostatehealthed.org
- The Prostate Net – www.prostatenet.org
- Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network – www.ustoo.org
- Women Against Prostate Cancer – www.womenagainstprostatecancer.org
- ZERO – The Project to End Prostate Cancer – www.zerocancer.org
- SOURCE America’s Leading Prostate Cancer Organizations