The Maine Coalition to Fight Prostate Cancer is dedicated to ending the devastating impact of prostate cancer on men, their loved ones, and the State of Maine. One of the ways that we can do this is to talk to members of our communities.
This is a special opportunity for your community organization, church group, fraternal club, or veterans’ organization to become informed about prostate cancer. The members of our Speakers Bureau possess levels of patient expertise which permits them to familiarize your group with a powerful message about the risks, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment alternatives, side effects, follow-up care, and life style impact associated with prostate cancer, the most common cancer in men
- Know prostate cancer first hand, either as survivors of family members of survivors. They may not know all the answers but they will relate their own experiences.
- Our speakers do not give out medical advice
- Are dedicated to their cause.
- Are free of charge for community groups and organizations
- Will provide free informational handouts
Click on the speakers name to view information about each speaker or use this link to see all of the speakers' bios:
- Nelson Durand
- Mona Ervin
- Al Fitzmorris
- Jon Henry
- Nelson Leavitt
- Jim McGowan
- Terry Kungel
- Bruce McClenahan
To make arrangements for a speaker for your group contact the individual speaker or Al Fitzmorris at